- The term black people usually refers to a racial group of humans with skin colors that range from light brown to nearly black. According to a recent scientific study, human skin color diversity is highest in sub-Saharan African populations.
- hotter than white women (see also brunettes and blondes).
- (black woman) a woman who is Black
- A photograph or movie; a picture
- (Pic (novel)) Pic is a novel by Jack Kerouac, first published in 1971.
- (pic) movie: a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; “they went to a movie every Saturday night”; “the film was shot on location”
- (pic) photograph: a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
black women pics – Black Woman
In its 2011 hardcover release, Black Woman Redefined was a top-selling book and took home a 2011 Best Non-Fiction Book of the Year Award from the African American Literary Awards. Author Sophia A. Nelson won the 2012 Champions of Diversity Award, given each year by diversity business executives in Fortune 100 companies.
Black Woman Redefined was inspired in part by what Nelson calls ?open season on accomplished black women”: from Don Imus’s name-calling of black female basketball players in 2007 and a 2009 Yale University study titled ?Marriage Eludes High-Achieving Black Women,” to the more recent revelation that First Lady Michelle Obama is concerned about being painted as an ?angry, black woman.”
In Black Woman Redefined, Nelson sets out to change this cultural perception, taking readers on a no-holds-barred journey into the hearts and minds of accomplished black women to reveal truths, tribulations, and insights like never before.
This groundbreaking book provides black women of a new generation with essential career and life-coaching advice. Based on never-before-done research on college-educated, career-driven black women, Nelson offers her fellow ?sisters”?and those who know, love, and work with them?a feel-good volume for personal and professional success that empowers them without tearing others down.
Woman in high black boots walking in the field
Mormon Black Women